Maybe you have questions? Here are a few answers.
- Why are you doing this? Originally, for our shared birthday month of June. We also thought it’d be really fun. We love writing and reading and sharing.
- Why 18 days? Because 18 is a lucky number in Judaism, and because it’s more days than two weeks but less than three weeks.
- But what if I’m not a writer? We don’t think it matters if you call yourself a writer, or if you’ve written before or not. Try it out—it’s only ten minutes a day! Does this scare you? Even more reason to do it!
- What if I won’t have internet access for one weekend? That’s okay—let your partner know and catch up right when you get back.
- What do I do if I’m having trouble with/haven’t heard from my partner? In these rare cases, we recommend direct communication. Try to resolve it between the two of you. If you want, feel free to reach out to us. We’re happy to help if we can, and there are usually reasonable explanations and creative solutions to be found.
- Did you two make this up? We first heard of this through a class at the Writing Salon that a friend of ours did. She shared it with Janet who shared it with Caroline. We altered it to work for us, and created our own prompts.